Eco Park Kolkata – Overview
Eco Park in Kolkata is a broad urban park planned to progress eco-the movement business in the city. It is the best urban park in India and has in excess of 475 segments of place that is known for land. The brilliance of the region extends ten overlays because of a water body that envelops the entertainment focus and structures an island in the inside. It is consistently visited by picnickers or the people who require a quick takeoff from the unremarkable lives. The great and particularly kept up scene is a perfect pull back for nature darlings. All of the workplaces gave inside the diversion focus are planned to reduce the opposing effects on nature through non-tainting and defending of the trademark scene.
The likelihood of an Eco Park was proposed by Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister of the West Bengal. HIDCO – Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation of West Bengal encouraged with a couple of workplaces and accomplished the advancement of the Eco Tourism Park. It has three imperative parts – the common zones, the greenery walled in areas and the recreational zones making it a perfect departure to loosen up and extricate up. They have a couple of activities that visitors can peruse to suit their need. They moreover have homes and meeting passages that can be rented for individual or business needs. The Eco Park is a great respite from the making strong wild in the city.
Porch nurseries at Eco Park Kolkata
- Butterfly Garden: The butterfly plant is the place one can find differing kinds of butterflies. The specialty of this garden is that it houses plants that help the butterflies prosper inside the curve. The vault keeps up a perfect temperature for both, the plant and the butterfly species. It is a champion among the best gardens to watch butterflies in a region closest to their ordinary regular surroundings around a circuitous water body.
- Cover Garden: The Mask Garden is a zone held just to demonstrate various types of spreads found in Bengal just as in various parts of the world. This garden is arranged near the northern parking structure. Visitors inspire the chance to see cover of different shapes, sizes, and tones from wherever all through the world.
- Tea Garden: The Tea Garden at Eco Park has over a segment of place where there is arrive. It is a model tea develop organized by Andrew Yule and Company. This amusement was possible by making the right condition in Eco Park. Around 40 trucks of soil were gotten from Dooars area of North Bengal to help the tree homes prosper.
- Formal Garden: Formal Garden is arranged between the Eco Children’s Park and Visitor Center. It relies upon the possibility of vertical developing included by a dimension scene. Visitors research the garden for their imaginative structures and perhaps get an idea or two they could complete in their private greenery fenced in areas.
- Bamboo Garden: The Bamboo Garden has a variety of Bamboo Plantations that come in various sizes, proper from short grass type to goliath bamboo shoots. The farms are composed with the end goal that it makes a calm yet intriguing themed develop.
- Regular item Garden: The Fruit Garden shows some natural item bearing trees found for the most part in Bengal. Sweethearts routinely get pulled in to the Fruit Garden to perceive the species.
- Glade Garden: This plant has a combination of wild sprouting plants and dismisses the lakefront promenade. Visitors can go for a long stroll over the garden to get to the promenade.
- Rose Garden: Rose Garden has a long walkway settled with flower shrubberies. The garden furthermore has wellsprings and models to add to its allure.
- Figure Garden: This is the place one can find models of the nineteenth and twentieth century legends and events related to them can be found.
- Rabi Aranya: Rabi Aranya features plants and trees referenced in the aesthetic works of Rabindranath Tagore. The aranya mirrors the sentiment of Shantiniketan Ashram and is impeccably completed with seats, a lotus lake, walkways and dedication structures.
Spots Of Interest at Eco Park Kolkata
- Urban Museum: Urban Museum or Sangraha demonstrates a superb collection of stunning compelling artwork, by and large used to decorate Durga Puja Pandals. The work has been roused by various subjects and has been everything viewed as put on display to invigorate restoring the craftsmanship and keep up the substance of the festival of Durga Puja all as the year advanced.
- Sustenance Court: The Food Court at Eco Park has around 20 sustenance stands that serve a combination of sustenance things. These stalls have been arranged around a square yard with structures that are also used for devouring.
- Lake Front Promenade: The perfectly cleared promenade is settled with tall coconut trees and runs all around the considerable water body at the diversion focus.
- Biswa Bangla Haat: This haat is uncommonly made to include the traditional created works of Bengal. It has a shopping arcade and is in like manner a phase to show the Cottage Industries in the locale. New Produce is moreover sold at the Haat.
- Skilled workers Cottage and Adda Zone: Artists Cottage was worked with the objective of moving the profound longings of pros to make superb bits of craftsmanship. It slights the Flower Lake, and the entire territory isn’t not actually a dream zone. Adda Zone is organized backwards to the Artist’s Cottage. It has a couple of seats that dismiss the lake where visitors can contribute hours looking quiet waters and the flawless condition.
- Splash painting Walls: This divider continues running along the South Parking at Eco Park. Both the sides of the dividers bear stunning masterpiece made by two renowned pros, Subha Prasanna and Jogen Chowdhury.
- Youth’s Park: Eco Children’s Park is a bit of the amusement focus where everything is made to suit the necessities of the kids and keep them drew in and increase their understanding at the same time. The Park has play regions, figures, wellsprings and rich gardens that help the youngsters keep their spirits high and have an extraordinary time as they have to.
- Seven Wonders of the World: The entire Park has duplicates of the Seven Wonders of the World organized in different parts of the diversion focus. Christ the Redeemer, Taj Mahal, the Colosseum, the Great Wall of China are a part of the Seven Wonders that can be seen, while others are being produced on the 480 segment of land Park.
Eco Park Entry Fees
- ₹30/- per head.(Full ticket is required for the age above 3 years.)
- There is separate ticket for seven wonders ie, ₹30/- per head.
- Parking fees:- a) ₹20/- for two wheelers b) ₹50/- for four wheelers.
Activities at Eco Park Kolkata
- Gaming Zone: A perfect command post for gaming masses. It costs INR 50 for each person for a hour.
- E-Byke: E-byke or electric bike/bicycle ride costs INR 150 for each person for a 10-minute ride. It is a phenomenal strategy to get a difficulty riding the bike that thoroughly continues running on power.
- Eco Cart: The Eco Cart fills in as a favorable vehicle to drive from Counter 1 to Children’s Park. It costs INR 100 for each person and goes one route in a manner of speaking.
- Toy Train: A toy train runs all around the Eco Park covering most of the basic parts of the diversion focus. It costs INR 150 for each person for a round which props up around 25 minutes.
- Feathered animal Watching: The simple much kept up scene at Eco Park fills in as a sensible circumstance for various kinds of winged creature and pulls in juvenile watchers enormous numbers to the Park. Flying animal Watching costs INR 10 for each person.
- Cycling: Eco Park has workplaces for Baby Cycling, Solo and Duo Cycling to suit the visitor’s tendency. Youngster Cycling costs INR 70 for every person for 30 minutes, Solo Cycling costs INR 150 for each person for 30 minutes and Duo Cycling costs INR 150 for each consolidate for 20 minutes.
- Ice Skating: Eco Park has a particularly kept up Ice Skating Rink that visitors can make complete use of. A 30-minute skating session costs INR 150 for each person.
- Paint Ball: A session of Paint Ball costs INR 50 for 5 balls and is a great redirection to play with friends and family.
- Sculling: Solo or assembling floating workplaces are moreover available in the quiet water body that includes the wonderful park. One can pick between paddling, water cycling, paddling, shikhara watercraft ride, speed boat or Kayaking. The cost ranges from INR 50 – 300 depending upon the kind of watercrafts, number of people and the proportion of time one needs to go sculling for.
- Land and Water Zorbing: Traveling a stretch on water or land inside a Zorbing Ball is a fearless and a stimulating development that ought to be conceivable at Eco Park. Land Zorbing costs INR 200 for each person for a stretch of 200 meters, and Water Zorbing costs INR 150 for each person for 30 minutes.
- Bows and arrows: Visitors can endeavor their hand at Archery at the Archery Range in the diversion focus. It costs INR 70 for 5 jolts for each person and is an intriguing technique to sharpen mental center intrigue.
- Rifle Shooting: Eco Park has a Rifle Shooting Range and costs about INR 50 for 10 shots for every person.
- Musical Fountain Show: Musical fountain is not going to pich your pocket as it free for all.
Eco Park Kolkata Timings :-
|Tuesday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Wednesday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Thursday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Friday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Saturday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Sunday||2:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
How to Reach Eco Park Kolkata?
Eco Park Kolkata Location
It is located at a partition of 18 kilometres from the downtown zone. Taxis or private vehicles are the best techniques for transport in Kolkata to accomplish the diversion focus by methods for VIP road or Thakurnagar Panchpota Road and NH12. You can in like manner take Canal W Road to accomplish the interest.
To take the course by methods for VIP Road/Thakurnagar Panchpota street, you have to encounter Rama Ram Mohan Sarani road and scramble toward Maniktala Main Road. From here, seek after the course CIT Road – Thakurnagar Panchpota Road/VIP road – Rajarhat Road – NH12 to Street number 706 – Ghuni Road – Major Arterial Road (South-East), Action Area I. Please check timing and openings before leaving to eco park kolkata.